YOU’VE GOT TO MOVE IT!!!
Rather than rehash all the bad things you may be doing (Smart phones are the worst, especially if you send 2-3 hours a day looking at the screen), here are some things that you could be doing to improve your health.
- Move every 30 minutes or so – stand up – walk a bit, stretch, do a few simple exercise.
- Stand more often – take phone calls standing up.
- Take stairs – get to work the long way or if at home, take a walk around your home every so often.
- Learn how to breathe correctly – when you focus intently, you tend to inhale and hold your breath (check out www.breathingworks.com).
- Consider a “stand –up” desk that can also be a standard desk. Just don’t overdue the standing time at the start.
- Don’t forget your eyes – they tire and dry out. Look away from your screen regularly, preferably at something far away to give them a break.
All makes sense, we hope!!!
Don’t let office work kill you – you’ve got to move it, move it – you know it’s true.